Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My New Camera

So its here, the "nice" camera that Josh bought for me for my 29th birthday. I don't have a lot of time to learn how to use it but I have learned that I am going to probably want an external flash as my next gift! I am watching tutorials online to learn about the basics of photography. Come to find out that light is that biggest part of it all. I have learned that aperture controls the amount of light that goes into the lens and the depth of field (something I still cant really figure out). Shutter speed also controls how much light goes in along with the amount of blur made by moving things in the photo. I am trying to do everything OFF auto so as to learn how the camera actually works. I am hoping that this will be a fun adventure with some cute people as my main subjects: my kids! Here are some that I took of the girls!

Savannah  was laying on my lap here.

Thought this pic of Charlotte looked kind of old so tried to enhance that idea a bit

Learning about continuous shots I caught these on their way to a wail

1 comment:

  1. I like continuous shots because you can pick out one or several good capturing pictures out of shots. :) I want to have camera again, It is so much fun to do that with your kids. :) Misscha.

    ReplyDelete