Friday, September 16, 2011

Muffin Tin and Ice Cube Tray Meals: Making Eating Fun

So Savannah hasn't always been a good eater but lately she has been doing great. She is totally into RAW GREEN veggies... every mothers dream right? Well I saw this idea in some magazine awhile ago and have been using it randomly for the past few months. It was an ice cube tray filled with goodies.  I make her meals like this when I have a little of everything. 


I later learned of using muffin tins for the same purpose. Cool idea huh? Well from it I got my inspiration for the girls birthday theme this year. See Savannahs birthday is right around Thanksgiving and Charlottes is right around Christmas so this year I have decided to have a joint birthday party (Savannah will be 3 and Charlotte will be 1). I could have done a theme based on something one of the girls liked (Savannah: Little Einsteins, Signing Time, Super Why or anything Purple... Charlotte: Anything Sparkly or Red haha) But instead I decided I would do a more broad theme. I was thinking Butterflies and Flowers or Ladybugs and having two separate cakes but after this muffin tin lunch idea Im going to have a cupcake themed birthday for them.

My ideas so far: Cupcake invitations and e-vites. Cupcake shirts for the girls. Decorating cupcake shaped cookies. A cupcake mix with a whisk for party favors. One large cupcake shaped cake plus individual cupcakes of course. And lunches served in plastic to-go muffin containers with lids pre-filled with goodies. Still have more planning to do as the party wont be till mid December so if you have any other super cute cupcake themed ideas send them over!



No comments:

Post a Comment